- H.I.S. Super Power co., ltd. was established.
- “Henn-na Hotel Maihama Tokyo Bay” opened.
- H.I.S. OKINAWA co., ltd. was established.
- Founded subsidiary, Group MIKI Holdings.
- Founded subsidiary, Merit Travel Group.
- “Henn-na Hotel Laguna Ten Bosch” opened.
- Entry to the retail energy market
- H.I.S. Hotel Holdings co., ltd. was established.
- Founded subsidiary, H.S. Insurance co.,ltd.
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Bali Jimbaran opened.
- “Henn-na Hotel” opened in Huis Ten Bosch.
- The number of international sales offices exceeded 200
- The number of domestic sales offices exceeded 300
- Established Laguna Ten Bosch Co., Ltd. and made succession of 3 businesses from Laguna Gamagori
- The number of international sales offices exceeded 150
- Started a charter cruise, Costa Victoria.
- Expanded the operation of international E-commerce site “hisgo” with in 39 countries.
- GM Communications Limited incorporated into H.I.S. Group.
- Founded subsidiary, Guam Reef Hotel.
- Founded an international chartered airline, Asia Pacific Airlines.
- Founded subsidiary, Japan Holiday Travel co.,ltd.
- HTB cruise co., ltd. was established.
- Watermark Hotel Nagasaki opened.
- Huis Ten Bosch joined H.I.S. Group, as a subsidiary.
- A new brand “QUALITA” was established, that seeks “hospitality”.
- A new service was created “CLASS ONE”. A membership club for the high class customers.
- H.I.S. Experience Japan, co.Ltd. was merged into H.I.S. , thus unifying our inbound business.
- H.I.S. took over ATB’s sales network and breathed new life into it.
- Ohshu Express Ltd. became a subsidiary of H.I.S.
- The number of overseas sales bases exceeded100.
- Reorganaizing and setting up “the Quality Control & Market Reserch Room”
- First hotel in Japan, Watermark Hotel Sapporo, opened
- The number of domestic sales offices exceeded 250
- Launched new inbound tourism company, H.I.S. Experience Japan Co.,Ltd.
- Second hotel in Australia. Hotel Watermark Brisbane, opened.
- Kyushu Industrial Transportation Co., Ltd., now Kyushu Sangyo Kotsu Holdings Co.,Ltd., headquartered in Kumamoto, Kumamoto Prefecture, incorporated into the H.I.S. Group.
- Activated online reservations system.
- Listed on first section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- The number of domestic sales offices exceeded 200
- Installation of “Challenge”, our new computer system.
- The number of overseas sales bases exceeded 50
- Founded subsidiary, Cruise planet Co., Ltd,.
- Opening of specialized travel desk at Travel Wonderland, main sales office, Shinjuku in conjunction with our 10-year anniversary.
- Listed on second section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
- Started international charter services
- H.I.S. opens“H.I.S. travelling-abroad navi” as a formal site in i-mode.
- Founded subsidiary, Howa Travel Service, now Orion Tours.
- Founded subsidiary, Map International Co., Ltd, now ATB.
- Skymark Airlines begins operation on September 19 between Tokyo（Haneda） and Fukuoka.
- The number of domestic sales offices exceeded 100
- The homepage opens.
- H.I.S. membership system is launched in east Japan.
- H.I.S. opens its first world class hotel, The Watermark Hotel Gold Coast,now Hotel Watermark,in Australia.
- Skymark Airlines launches.(Currenｔｌｙ, Skymark Airlines is not our Group company.）
- H.I.S. Company stock is offered over the counter.
- Chubu, Kansai and Kyushu headquarters consolidate and expand,and Travel Wonderlands open in each region to become the largest retail offices in those areas.
- Head office moves to Shinjuku for consolidation and expansion of operations.Travel Wonderland, a department store for international services, opens.
- “Group Tour” division is established.
- Company name is officially changed to H.I.S. Co., Ltd.
- H.I.S. Internal computer system “WING” is put into operation.
- H.I.S. is appointed official IATA agency.
- “Business” division is established.
- Launched “Ciao”, H.I.S.’first tour package.
- “Avanti and Oasis” division is established in Shimbashi office.
- License as general travel agency （No. 724） is obtained from Ministry of Transportation.
- Nagoya office opens.
- Fukuoka office opens.
- Hong Kong office opens.
- Osaka office opens.
- License as retail agency（No. 3034） is obtained from Ministry of Transportation.
- H.I.S. begins selling other company branded package tours.
- International Tours Co., Ltd., H.I.S.’predecessor, is established with ¥10 million capital.